Introducing Halifax Home Finder
It was at the end of 2011 that Grapple embarked on a very special project for Lloyds Banking Group; to help establish Halifax as a challenger brand in the UK. For over 159 years, Halifax has been an innovator in the property market, continuing to give customers ‘a little extra help’. The Grapple team set to work to devise a concept to deliver on this brand promise in the mobile age.
Halifax Home Finder was born – a comprehensive end-to-end companion for homebuyers that combines advanced property search facilities, mortgage affordability calculators, local area information and property buyers’ guides in one place, accessible on the go.
- Advanced Augmented Reality – enables homebuyers to view properties currently for sale in the surrounding area, wherever they are, simply by holding up their smartphone.
- Built-in mortgage estimator – helps establish what the homebuyer may be able to afford by working out how much the prospective homebuyer might be able to borrow, and estimating their new monthly mortgage repayments.
- Viewing tools – facilitates the rating of properties, and adding comments and images of the property during viewings that can be shared with family and friends via an emailed PDF summary.
- Access to sold prices from previous 5 years in the local area from Land Registry data.
- Local area guides – providing information such as distance from schools and public transport.
Our dedicated, in-house team of strategists, UX and visual designers, QA testers and senior developers worked collaboratively with Lloyds Banking Group to bring the concept to life and deliver a truly pioneering mobile experience.
Early feedback from both customers and the industry alike has been overwhelming – already declared ‘App of the Week’ by The Guardian and hailed by Econsultancy as ‘good-looking and simple to use… the best property finding app currently available’.
Download the app here.