Grapple Proudly Introduces P&G Beauty Recommended Mobile App
We’re extremely proud to announce the launch of P&G Beauty Recommended, the UK’s most comprehensive beauty guide on mobile.
At the end of 2011, we started working with P&G, the company behind some of the UK’s favourite brands including Olay, Pantene, Max Factor and Wella Professional, to bring their online proposition, that reaches an audience of 1.8 million, to mobile. As a major part of their marketing activity in London in 2012, the free app, available to download for iPhone and Android, invites consumers to explore London through a beauty lens with interactive virtual tours, showcasing the capital’s best known and loved destinations, as well as revealing hidden beauties to even the most seasoned Londoners.
The three tours are brought to you by experts from the world of fashion, beauty and culture:
- ‘The Eye of the Beholder’: In partnership with the National Portrait Gallery, this fascinating tour of the Gallery takes visitors on a journey of beauty from Tudor times through to the 1940s, exploring how beauty ideals have evolved throughout history.
- ‘The Art of Shopping’: discovering some of London’s best and most beautiful shopping hot spots with Kristin Knox, author of the blog The Clothes Whisperer.
- ‘London Beauty Scoop’: A tour of Annabel Jones’ (editor of Beauty Recommended) little black book for hidden beauty treasures in London’s theatre district and beyond.
Updated monthly, the app is also packed full of insider tips, tricks, knowledge and how-to guides, all created exclusively by leading beauty experts.
- Step-by-step expert guides and videos to re-create the latest catwalk and celebrity styles
- Expert beauty tips and product recommendations from Pantene, Olay, Max Factor, Gillette and Wella Professional brand ambassadors
- Exclusive monthly competitions with amazing beauty prizes
- The ability to share beauty tips with friends via Facebook, twitter and email
Kathryn Davies, External Relations Leader, Beauty & Grooming for P&G comments, “The Beauty Recommended app is a must-have for women interested in beauty and fashion and looking for the very best in tips, hints and insider knowledge. No matter whether you have a passing interest in beauty, or are a die-hard fashionista, there is something for everyone in this app, all at the click of a button.”
Alistair Crane, Grapple CEO, comments, “Grapple were delighted to work with P&G to bring Beauty Recommended to mobile. With interactive live tours ready for the tourist influx to the capital this summer and beautifully crafted content updated monthly, this is the UK’s most exciting and comprehensive beauty companion on mobile.“
With exquisite design, a vibrant palette, and an elegant simplicity of use, the P&G Beauty Recommended app has been a labour of love, and really is a thing of beauty.