We’re hiring! Business Development Manager
Grapple is Europe’s leading mobile innovation agency. From mobile banking to m-commerce, we define, design and deliver market-leading smartphone and tablet experiences that transform our client’s businesses.
Since January 2010, Grapple has fast become the definitive agency for the connected age. Our award-winning team of over 70 specialists create cutting-edge products that build deeper connections between our clients and their customers.
We have put mobile banking into the hands of millions of Lloyds TSB customers, pioneered social m-commerce for notonthehighstreet.com, generated millions of pounds in additional revenue for Premier Inn and changed the way people find and buy a home with Halifax.
Grapple is Europe’s most awarded mobile agency, winning ‘Innovative Agency 2012’ (Marketing Innovation), ‘Best App Developer 2011’ (Mobile Entertainment) and have been recognised as ‘One to Watch’ in both the NMA and TheDrum Top 100 Digital Agency guides.
Based in our London, Soho office the role of Business Development Manager is vital to the continued growth of Grapple Mobile. Reporting to the Commercial Director you are responsible for the management of existing customer accounts and the acquisition of new business. Responsibilities will include:
- You will develop new business relationships within a sector specific territory with a view to generating and negotiating new income for Grapple Mobile against agreed monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting you will present Grapple Mobile to prospective clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and via email.
- You will actively and successfully manage the sales process, including: lead generation, client familiarisation, credentials presentation, pitch, negotiation, close and relationship handover to a Strategic Partnership Manager.
- You demonstrate drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are identified and explored.
- You will have individual responsibility for new business in your designated sectors, and are expected to self manage, however, you will be part of a growing Commercial team comprising of Business Development Managers and Strategic Partnership Managers. Support is available from the Strategic Partnership Managers, Commercial Director and Chief Strategy Officer at all times.
- You will represent Grapple Mobile at industry events and tradeshows, your professional manner and polished appearance will aid your intention of creating new business opportunities, developing new contacts and being the ultimate ambassador for Grapple Mobile.
- You will Manage and maintain your sector territories and sales pipeline thus ensuring all project administration is completed. You will be expected to speak fluently about all aspects of your business at all times.
- You take full responsibility for the provision of industry leading client proposals, presentations, contracts, work orders, statements of work and any further documentation, following all Grapple Mobile commercial and creative guidelines.
- You recognise the importance of maintaining a detailed understanding of each clients business, sector, competitors and mobile objectives including their digital roadmap and ROI expectations.
- You will effectively and professionally interact and collaborate with all departments delivering projects to ensure internal best practice and the best possible customer experience and communication.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge and constantly demonstrating a passion for the mobile space, smartphone applications and mobile technology.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least 2 – 4 years strategic planning experience within mobile or digital, client-side or at an agency
- In-depth understanding of the mobile/digital market and emerging technology
- Headstrong with a strong understanding of client relations
- You will be comfortable working with and consulting senior clients at C-level including CMO, CIO, and CEOs
- Proven track record in new business pitching
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with technical and creative teams to translate ideas
- Exemplary written, presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working to challenging deadlines in a fast moving environment
- 24 days holiday
- Use of MacBook Pro
- Competitive Salary
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative and cutting-edge working environment